Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The critics...

I *think* I am up to speed on what's been happening in our community lately. I've read different articles, if you even want to call them that. They don't inform of anything and the definition is:

3. A nonfictional literary composition that forms an independent part of a publication, as of a newspaper or magazine.


To which, I'm sure some, if not most, of the statements in these "articles" are actually fiction. I'm not afraid. I'm not fearful for my life. And while we are both have strong religious beliefs, we don't do this for any higher power. 

I will go back through my posts and make sure there's nothing that could out Fireman & I. I guess it's always possible, but I'm not going anywhere. I've sucked at blogging lately, just because we've been so busy. I've not even checked a message board in months. 

We've almost hit the 6 month mark of doing ttwd and my only regret is that we didn't start it sooner. The connection we have, the closeness we feel, the even better between-the-sheets life, that I honestly didn't think could get better, for the record ;), the confidence my husband now has with everything, it's hard to see what critics could be all hyper about.  

How does what we do effect other people? Bonnie had a great analogy with same-sex marriage. Even if you are against it, who cares? Why does it become your mission to save someone else?  

I'm sure this craziness and confusion will die down. The critics will move on to some other group they need to fix and help out of their perceived miserable situation. Hopefully our bloggers who have felt unsafe will return. It sucks to not have everyone here, our community feels incomplete.

I hope nothing else surfaces, but I'm almost waiting for it. In the meantime, I'm asking for maintenance tonight... I need it. I feel bad for the critics. They'll never have this type of relationship with their significant other... 

Xo, 
Elle 

8 comments:

  1. With the push to accept the alternative lifestyle community, I was surprised that Miss Rita Skeeter took a negative view of DD. Maybe it is the Christian part that she finds offensive. I don't know.

    Some people won't like how we choose to live our lives. That is okay. I make my own decisions. DD has had a positive effect on my marriage and very little of it has anything to do with spanking. I hope some read her article with an open mind and do their own research. If they look at our lives, they will see loving marriages that are strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. If they'd just look at it, they'd see how well it really does work!

      Delete
  2. Good for you for asking for maintenance! Your last sentence sums it up perfectly - the critics will never be able to feel that .. feeling, that we feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's technically a 'rule' to ask for maintenance when I need it!!
      They definitely won't feel it. They'll be the wives bad mouthing their husbands loudly in public or husbands not wanting to go home!

      Delete
  3. Hi Elle,

    Well said! Good for you for staying put .. and for asking for maintenance. I'm with Kenzie, your last sentence sums it up perfectly. The critics cannot possibly fully understand without living this lifestyle themselves. Also, it's a human trait to attack the things we don't understand.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think unfortunately you're right. Why isn't everyone taught tolerance and acceptance? Crazy.

      Delete
  4. I think that woman is jealous!!! She will never have what we do unless some poor man has a brave go at taking her in hand, and boy does she need it lol
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete